When We Are Closed
If you need to speak to a doctor when the surgery is closed, please telephone 01362 852 800. Our answerphone message will tell you the contact number for the duty doctor.
Our out of hours cover is provided by the East of England Ambulance Service . Their hours of cover are:-
- Weekday cover from 6.30 p.m. to 8.00 a.m.
- Friday 6.30 p.m. to 8.00 a.m. Monday
- All Bank, Statutory and Local Holidays
When you get through, the call-taker will ask for details of your problem. Depending on the nature of your illness, you will then speak to a doctor, a nurse or an emergency care practitioner who will assess you. They will either:
- Give you advice over the telephone on how to treat yourself at home or to visit a chemist
- Ask you to attend a local primary care centre where, depending on your clinical need, you may be treated by a doctor, a nurse or an emergency care practitioner
- Arrange for you to have a home visit from a doctor, a nurse or an emergency care practitioner.
Call 999 for a genuine medical emergency. Remember that chest pains and/or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.
Please do not ask to see a doctor out of hours unless you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.
The out of hours service for Theatre Royal Surgery is a service bought and commissioned on our behalf by South Norfolk Clinical Commissioning Group. If you have any complaints or observations about the out of hours service or level of cover please contact SNCCG by clicking here.
NHS 111 Service
If you need medical help fast, but it isn't a 999 emergency, you can now call NHS 111.
They will assess you, provide advice and direct you straight away to the local service that can help you best.
NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and calls are free (including calls from mobiles).
For more information click here .